IDEAS FOR MARKETING & PROMOTING
• Set up a Facebook Event page and invite as many people as possible and ask them to share the page with their friends.
• Contact local radio stations to play Jennifer Knapp’s music (we will provide free CDs on request). Request then to interview Jennifer Knapp or have her do a live on the air performance.
• Contact local newspapers and magazines (especially LGBT publications) to advertise the event and run an interview or feature piece on Jennifer Knapp.
• Contact local universities to advertise the event among campus LGBT groups, Christian groups and the Women’s Studies & Religion Departments.
• Contact LGBT community and interest groups in your area to personally invite them to attend and to help advertise the event.
• Contact local churches to personally invite them to attend and ask them to advertise the event. You can search for LGBT open and affirming churches on Believe Out Loud.
• Make use of free online and print community event calendars.
• Make flyers/posters/hand out cards for your event. Put together a Street Team to place these in local record stores, coffee shops, restaurants, and community bulletin boards – anywhere you can post public events. Contact the Jennifer Knapp Street Team coordinator for assistance at email@example.com.
• Contact local businesses (coffee shops, record stores etc.) and ask them to play Jennifer Knapp’s music.